Dark tales from my closet
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
7 WEEKS, 3 DAYS PREGNANT
Today my dress would not zip up. WOULD NOT ZIP UP!
It was one of my favourite ones — a black-and-white empire waist with a pretty sash (not exactly as pictured).
Darling Husband struggled with the zipper for a good five minutes, but could not get it to zip over my new basoomas.
“But I love this dress!” I cried to him as I shoved it back in the closet. “I really thought I’d be able to wear it for a while! It has an empire waist!”
“But your boobs are bigger,” Darling Husband replied as he got dressed. I just snorted and stared into my closet. All his clothes still fit him!
In the end, he rushed me out the door, and I wound up being dressed like a total hobo:
- Black leggings (because tights hurt my tummy now)
- Stretchy black tank top (because stretchy is the law)
- Loose black cotton skirt (because my tighter skirts cut into me now)
- Fuchsia wrap top (fits boob/tummy areas)
- Black flats (ahh, comfort)
- Loose black cardigan (to complete the flappy, oversized hobo look)
Whose clothes stop fitting in their eighth week???