What’s happening in there? Week 8 update
Monday, October 19, 2009
7 WEEKS, 1 DAY PREGNANT
We are officially in Week 8, people! That means by the end of this week, I will be two months pregnant — and one month away from spreading the news publicly.
What’s up with Baby during Week 8?
- She/he measures 8 – 11 mm in length
- Little Baby has a face! His/her lips, tongue nostrils and buds for baby teeth are becoming more obvious.
- Fingers and toes are starting to show, but are still webbed
- An ultrasound this week would show the baby’s “fluttering heart and reflex movements”
What’s up with Mama during Week 8?
- Your uterus is now the size of an orange, and your waistline “may be expanding” (Yup)
- Your breasts are tender and swollen (Double yup)
- You are probably experiencing morning sickness (Triple yup)
- It’s normal to have pimples and other skin problems (Nope, not yet)
* P.S. This whole “you are seven-weeks-pregnant but in your eighth-week” thing is confusing, isn’t it?