What’s in a name?
When I make homemade baby food, I’ve never been content to just label the bags with the name of the fruit or vegetable. I like to make my own names for my concoctions. It’s pretty much the best part.
Here’s a peek at some the baggies in my freezer right now:
- Apple-Banana Blast (apples and bananas)
- Blueberry Bliss (blueberries and apples)
- Sufferin’ Succotash (lima beans, peas and corn)
- Prairie Harvest (parsnips and turnip)
- Enchanted Forest (blackberries and apples)
- California Mix (brocolli, cauliflower and baby carrots)
Because of my creative liberties, it’s not unusual for us to have conversations like this:
ME: What did you give Baby Boy for lunch?
DARLING HUSBAND: Some “forest” stuff and two cubes of “farm harvest” or something. You and your names!