Questions and answers
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
27 weeks, 3 days pregnant
Had my regular OBGYN appointment yesterday, and overall it went pretty well. I went in armed with the following (somewhat rational) questions:
- How do we get a pediatrician for the baby?
- How do we go about getting him circumcised (the baby, not the pediatrician)?
- When do my appointments become bi-weekly?
Oh, and the bonus question: “My baby seems to move around less than usual. Cause for panic???”
And came out with the following (somewhat annoying) answers:
- “You do not get a pediatrician unless anything is wrong with your baby. Just use your family doctor or your husband’s.” Boo!
- “The baby will be checked out at birth, and then that doctor will refer you to the doctor that does circumcisions — and that will be done outside of the hospital, a week or so later. And you have to pay for it, because it’s not covered.” Double boo!
- “You start coming in bi-weekly at 28 weeks. Since you’re 27 weeks (and change) right now, you should come back in three weeks, when you’re 30 weeks.” Eh … OK, fine.
Oh, and the bonus question’s answer? “As long as you can count six movements in two hours, he’s fine.” Well, I can definitely do that, so … I guess I won’t worry anymore? Or as much, at least. I don’t think I’m capable of not worrying.