I don’t feel well today.
I have had a slight cold all week, but today it has taken a turn for the … nauseous. I am bundled up in a cardigan, even though the office is warmish today. I have been existing on crackers and Ginger Ale this morning, and just feel so icky.
If I was not so certain that I am not pregnant, I would definitely be suspicious. But I’m not, so I’m just annoyed.
God-willing, I will not throw up today. I think my cold is just making me feel blah. But this has made me nervous about what will happen when I am having morning sickness at work.
I really wish we had nicer bathrooms at the office. The tiles are so grody-looking, and the toilets themselves are old and nasty. I know that just kneeling down over one would make me puke, any day.
I worry about another colleague seeing me heave in the bathroom. There are only two stalls, and while we share the bathroom with some other offices on the floor, we pretty much always run into each other in there — or recognize each other’s shoes.
It would be horrible if one of them walked in and knew it was me upchucking. Would I have to lie and pretend I had the flu? And then go home sick? If they catch me more than once, that won’t fly. Hmmm …
Morning sickness plan of attack for the office:
- Keep crackers in desk drawers at all times
- Keep cans of Ginger Ale in office fridge
- Position garbage can closer to desk, just in case
- Keep air sickness bag in purse all all times
- Buy lemon hard candies to keep in desk drawer
- … There must be something else!
- Investigate public bathrooms on other floors, where no one will recognize me!