I may be a bit of a Junk Food Queen at home, but at work I always pack pretty healthy lunches, with lots of raw veggies, fruit, etc. So I didn’t think this would be much of a stretch.
But this diet requires you to eat a lot more veggies than I normally would, plus a ton of calcium and vitamin C.
How easy was it? Well, here’s how it went down …
- 1 piece organic whole-grain bread
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 small probiotic strawberry yogurt
- Water mixed with cranberry juice
Meal total: 1 serving of grains, 1 serving of fats, 1/2 serving of calcium, fluids
- 1 green apple
- More water/cranberry juice
Snack total: 1 serving of “other” fruits & veggies, fluids
- Homemade beef stew with carrots and turnips
- Sugar-free lemonade
Meal total: 1 serving of protein, 2 serving of Green Leafies/Yellows (*not sure if turnip is part of that group, but it’s yellow, so I’m guessing)
- Raw broccoli
- Raw green beans
- Caesar dip
- More sugar-free lemonade
Snack total: 1 serving of Green Leafies/Yellows/1 serving of Vitamin C, 1 serving of Fat, 1 serving of “other” fruits and veggies, fluids
- 2 small chunks marble cheese
- 4 whole-grain crackers
- Yet more sugar-free lemonade
Snack total: 1 serving of protein, 1 serving of calcium, 1 serving of grains, fluids
Snack total: Couldn’t find grapes on the master list, but I think they probably count as “other” fruits & veggies.
- Whole wheat pita pizza (mozza cheese, pepperoni, green onion)
- Diet Coke
Meal total: 2 servings of grains, 1 serving of protein, 1 serving of calcium, 1 serving of “other” fruits & veggies
- Protein (3 out of 3)!!!
- Calcium (2.5 out of 4)
- Vitamin C (1 out of 3)
- Green leafies/Yellows (3 out of 3-4)!!!
- Other fruits/veggies (4 out of 1-2). Hmmm.
- Whole grains (4 out of 6+)
- Fats (2 out of 4)
- Iron (Hmm, none?)
- Salt (Possibly some in the pita?)
- Healthy fat (None)
- Fluids (Few bottles of sugar-free lemonade, cranberry water, one Diet Coke)
- Prenatal vitamin (Check!)
That was definitely harder than I thought! And WTF, I had three afternoon snacks??? Please don’t judge!
I can’t believe I got a perfect score on protein, but the Calcium and Vitamin C divisions were hard losses. My skim milk expired yesterday, so that cost me the crown.