Five truths about Mother’s Day
- It will never be exactly what you want it to be — even if you have low expectations — and you will feel kind of bummed out because it only happens ONCE A YEAR, you know?
- It’s basically a success if you get some time to do what you want (ALL ALONE)
- It helps to be clear about what you would like, or how you would like the day to go, because husbands? They are usually not so good with subtlety and/or planning. (They also do not seem to fully understand how much you deserve a day of spoilage, given everything you do 364 days of the year)
- A sweet homemade card from your kids is the best thing you can get, hands-down.
- (Unless you get a shiny new minivan*, a kid-free vacation*, or a shopping spree* at a craft store or a fabric store — then, it’s a tie between that and the homemade card).
* I received none of the above, but lookeeee my pretty card, poem, and plant from D!