Lindsey at like a hamster on a wheel invited me to take part in a get-to-know-you meme. How fun! And perfect for a Monday when I’m too tired to think of a “Not Me Monday.”
Here’s how it works:
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 random facts about me:
- My go-to tool of choice is a gluegun. You can use those suckers for just about anything, and I have the finger burns to prove it.
- I am religious about skincare. I moisturize every single morning and night. I think it’s because I was a part-time drugstore cosmetician during my high school and university days.
- I’m horribly allergic to flowers. Darling Husband once bought me roses for Valentine’s Day and I was in bed (alone) doped up on Benadryl 20 minutes later.
- I put on makeup every day, no matter what.
- I never seem to like the popular TV shows when they’re actually popular. But a few years later? I decide to try them, and usually end up liking them.
- My favourite thing about my previous career as an entertainment reporter was interviewing celebrities. My best interview was Hilary Duff, and I was so excited that I bought a new outfit for the ocassion (even though it was a phone interview).
- I have never broken a bone, yet I’ve been in a leg cast twice (damn orthopedic surgeries)
- My brain goes to mush when I’m pregnant, and I think my husband secretly enjoys it, because I stop acting like I know everything and just keep admitting that I’m temporarily very, very dumb.
- I don’t eat anything from the sea. It’s not an ethical thing, it’s a gross-seafood-smell thing.
- I never watch award shows. I find them really boring, and they’re on too late.
- My favourite stores to wander around are Fabricville and Michaels. I could spend hours going sloooowly up and down every aisle.
Lindsey’s questions for me:
- What was your favourite food as a child? French fries
- What’s your favourite food now? French fries
- What is your favourite quote? “If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.” I painted it on a canvas in my kitchen/dining room so I can see it every day!
- If your life had a soundtrack, who would sing it? Hilary Duff.
- If you could be a fictional character, who would you choose? Can’t think of anyone fictional, but I would like to be Amalah!
- What makes you most nervous? The possibility of being late. Financial ruin. (Hmm, funny how I seemed to list those in a not-very-practical order)
- What was your last big-ticket purchase? Probably paint, when we first bought the house? I feel like we don’t buy anything anymore, except food.
- Which chore do you hate the most? I despise sweeping, but cleaning the bathrooms is a close second.
- You have one day of completely free time. What do you do? Ooh, that would be so nice. I would eat out with friends, go shopping for fabric/craft supplies, and then have the girls over for a crafting marathon.
- If you could receive any gift, what would it be? I’d really like a serger, but I’d probably pick the gift of a cleaning service. That would be dreamy.
- What happened in the last dream you remember? I was in a six-level mall with two friends (J and J) and I was determined to walk each level to figure out what all the stores were. I determined the bottom floor was mostly mens’ stuff, the second floor was designer stuff, and then I woke up when we were on the third floor. I’m even organized in my dreams!
My questions to you, my lovely readers:
- What does your partner do that drives you up the wall?
- What’s your dream vehicle?
- If you could only eat one cuisine (i.e. Italian, Mexican) every single meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What are your favourite and least favourite kiddie TV programs?
- If you could bring three luxury items on Survivor, what would they be?
- What’s your favourite scary movie?
- What’s your most memorable moment from junior high?
- If you were forced to delete your Facebook account permanently, how would you feel?
- What’s your favourite outfit for a typical Saturday?
- What’s driving you crazy about your house right now?
- If you won $10,000 in the lottery, how would you spend it?
I tag …*
Emily at imperfect
Melissa at Dear Baby
The Great and Powerful Amalah
Leah at Marital Bless
MrsHix at Life After Mum
Kate from Love, Life and Bunny Crackers
Natalie at Nat The Fat Rat
Katie from Bower Power
Candy from The Laughing Stork
Dusty from All Things G&D
Heather from Small Fry & Co.
*No pressure to participate, of course! And sorry if you’ve already been tagged!