What a sin! Day 4
I’m having a lot of fun with the “Seven Deadly Sins” blog questionnaire (thanks to Lindsey over at like a hamster on a wheel for introducing me to it).
Today’s theme is “Sloth,” so here are seven things I neglect to do …
- Sweep. I have uber-long hair, and it gets everywhere. It’s such a pain in the ass to sweep the bathrooms and then see long hairs everywhere five minutes later. So I am lazy about doing it.
- Scrub the floors. Apparently I suck at floor-maintenance. But I’m a great, regular vacuum-er! Does that make things better?
- Cut my hair. I’m horrible about making appointments, so it gets long and split-end-y. I think I’d do it more if haircuts were less expensive, but I always walk out thinking, “That was $70? Seriously?”
- Edit home videos regularly. I love editing, but the software is on my
craptop laptop, and I prefer to use Darling Husband’s fancy desktop with its shiny flat-screen monitor. So right now I have months of Baby Boy footage still to edit.
- Take iron. I need to take it, I’m sure. But it makes me feel like crap, so I avoid it. Then I feel weak and gross all the time. Vicious cycle.
- Bathe Baby Boy daily. I used to be better at this, I swear. But I have every excuse in the book. “He splashes so hard I’m constantly wiping down the walls.” “He gets bored after two minutes.” “It’s too hard to reach into the giant tub.” “I don’t feel like sitting in three inches of lukewarm water with him.” I just can’t seem to keep on top of this daily-bathing-the-baby thing.
- Blog regularly (although I’m really working on improving that lately!)
Read all of my Seven Deadly Sins posts:
Want to play along? Here’s the agenda:
- Day 1 – Pride. Seven great things about yourself.
- Day 2 – Envy. Seven things you lack and covet.
- Day 3 – Wrath. Seven things that piss you off.
- Day 4 – Sloth. Seven things you neglect to do.
- Day 5 – Greed. Seven worldly material desires.
- Day 6 – Gluttony. Seven guilty pleasures.
- Day 7 – Lust. Seven love secrets.