What a sin! Day 1
Fun! Lindsey over at like a hamster on a wheel is doing a bloggy-blog adventure called Seven Deadly Sins. Every day, for seven days, you write a post answering questions centered around one of the seven deadly sins.
I’m starting a day late, but who cares? The first day’s theme is “Pride.” You’re supposed to list seven things you like about yourself. Here goes!
- I have an excellent memory. I remember conversations, events, everything — dating back to when I was four years old. Mom, Little Sis, and Best Friend always joke that I’m in charge of remembering everything for them, too. And Darling Husband thinks I’m nuts when I ask him questions like, “What were you like in Grade Primary? This one time, I …”
- I’m creative. This one’s copied from my dear friend, but we are two crafty peas in a pod. The world needs more people like us, who can take a scrap of fabric or a piece of plain wood and turn it into something awesome.
- I have good skin. I’m just being honest! I credit it to working as a cosmetologist in a drugstore back in high school. I learned the importance of sunscreen and the value of an quality moisturizer. Oh, and genetics played a role, too (thanks, Mama).
- I’m punctual. Some would say, uh, too punctual. For example, I like to show up at movies two hours before they begin (to stake out the very best seats, and chat while eating popcorn, mmm).
- I’m loyal. Unless somebody really, truly wrongs me, I’m a totally loyal friend. I was even loyal to Bill Clinton, back in the day, and wrote him a very sweet “I-believe-you-Mister-President-You-would-never-do-that” letter (which my mom never mailed, for fear of Secret Service inquiries).
- I’m disciplined. I find it practically impossibly to relax or goof off if there is something important that I need to do — whether it’s writing, laundry, dishes, whatever. It just weighs on my mind, and I feel soooo much better after it’s done.
- I’m a great nail-painter. Again, this probably dates back to my days as a drugstore cosmetician, but I really am good. I can do a nice, neat polishing, plus do polkadots, stripes, shapes, mix colours, etc. Of course, I don’t have much time to play around doing awesome pedicures anymore!