Makeup for Mommies
Doing my makeup didn’t used to be hard. Baby Boy would sit in a bouncy chair on in an Exersaucer, and play with little toys while he watched me.
Now that he OVERTURNS his bouncy chair and HATES being confined to his Exersaucer, and prefers to CRAWL around the condo, it’s a bit tougher to do my makeup.
A lot tougher, actually. And you know what? I’m a makeup girl. Even when I’m not planning on leaving the house. Like Pop-Tarts, it makes my mood a little cheerier.
Here is my new Mommy Makeup method — try it with your baby!
- Set the baby down in the hallway, in the crawling position
- Make sure there is nothing on the floor they could put in their mouth
- Run down the hall into the bathroom
- Make sure you can see the baby in the mirror
- Hurriedly apply your concealer
- Watch the baby begin ambling down the hall towards you
- Outline your eyes and use a few dabs of mascara
- See that the baby is getting closer — almost to the bathroom
- Brush some colour into your cheeks and finish with a quick swipe of lipgloss
- Your baby has reached your ankles. Pick them up, give them a kiss, and be grateful it still takes them a minute or two to crawl down the hall.