Finding the time to blog …
I haven’t blogged in a week!?!? What the hell happened?
Oh right …
- I had a miserable fever/chills/body ache (two days before getting my flu shot!)
- I got my flu shot (and then felt iffy afterwards)
- I baked some ambitious red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing
- I entertained a crowd of 20 for Darling Husband’s birthday
- I went out Christmas/birthday shopping for like, two solid days
- I have been working like mad to finish a homemade Christmas gift for Baby Boy (and have a long list of crafty stuff still left to do!)
- I have been cleaning/purging our condo, getting it ready to hit the market
… and, most importantly, I have a baby. If you don’t already have one, trust me — when you spend all your time with one, you wonder where the hell the time goes! Even on the days you don’t seem to accomplish much, just meeting their (MANY) needs is a lot of work.
I really do want to blog more often. I swear, I lie in bed at night (um, 8:30 p.m., sadly) and entire blog posts run through my mind. I need one of those computers that reads your thoughts and transcribes them. Are they invented yet?
I have always felt the pressure to blog daily, even in the pre-baby days. But now I feel EXTRA pressure because I want to be able to look back someday and read about what life was like when Baby Boy was three months, four months, five months, etc.
I want to read about how he’s obsessed with the TV remote control, and how all he wants to do is stand up (holding onto the couch or his Exersaucer). I want to read about how he’s still learning to hold his sippy-cup of water — he hasn’t mastered the art of tipping it, so he gets super frustrated and throws it down (he is my son!).
I want to read these posts and remember that his favourite activity is when you lie him on his back and pump his legs while singing The Ants Go Marching. I want to remember how we’re getting up so often at night (back to every two hours, zzzz) that I keep falling asleep with him in the rocking chair, and when I wake up, I almost don’t want to put him back down in his crib.
I am going to try really hard to blog more often, to capture more of these special moments here in cyberspace. Naptimes are really the only time I blog now, but there are so many OTHER things I need to do while he naps. Do any moms out there have advice on blogging regularly when you have a baby?