H is for "hopeful"
Saturday, May 29, 2010
38 weeks, 6 days pregnant
8 DAYS TO GO!
Current possible labour symptoms: Cramps, back pain
Woke up this morning feel very disheartened.
I know that it’s stupid to have my hopes up when I’m not even due for another eight (EIGHT!) days, but I can’t help it. I am just one of those people who get sky-high hopes and then feels very, very sad when something does not pan out.
Other reasons I think this waiting game is feeling way longer than it should:
- Darling Husband has been working doubles for the past few days, so I literally have not seen him
- I’ve been stuck here without the car, starved for contact with the outside world
- Everyone has jobs (a.k.a. No time to spend with the pregnant shut-in)
- I’ve been watching episode after episode of Secret Life of the American Teenager and Make it or Break It — yes, I’m 12
- I have read all of my 30-odd library books
- I am not sleeping well, so the days/nights seem much longer
- I’m tired of cleaning up my craft messes, so I have stopped crafting
I think I need some serious distractions, or else I will be driven completely crazy before my due date even arrives!