Five things about swimming while nine months pregnant
Thursday, May 20, 2010
37 weeks, 4 days pregnant
17 DAYS TO GO!
- It’s hard to shuffle around the pool deck in flip-flops when your feet have swollen to the size of Christmas hams
- Children’s pools are very, very warm. So warm that you can’t deny the warmth is caused by pee. But warm enough that you don’t really care, because it’s like a relaxing bath.
- It’s fun to feel light and weightless in the water …
- … of course, you also feel waaaaay heavier than usual when you finally haul your preggo self out of the pool
- Apparently pregnant bellies do not make you super-buoyant … or maybe they do, but your new butt counteracts it by weighing you down.