Tuesday, April 6, 2010
31 weeks, 2 days pregnant
My feet look like fat, juicy hams.
Fat, juicy hams attached to calf-like ankles.
It is not a good look for me.
Yes, the ankle/feet swelling saga continues
. On the plus side, my puffy little tootsies are very amusing to Darling Husband and Little Sis — they love pressing their fingers in to make semi-permanent indents.
On the downside, it has gotten to the point where my toes feel funny sometimes, because they are pressed against each other like fat cocktail weenies. Ewww.
- Resting on your left side
- Putting your feet up whenever you can
- Rotating your ankles/wiggling your toes
- Not sitting or lying for extended periods of time
- Wearing comfy, not-too-tight shoes
- Wearing support stockings
- Drinking lots of water
- Avoiding sodium
I definitely find the second item — putting your feet up — helps a lot. As for some of the other “tips,” it will be a cold day in hell the day I buy “support stockings.”