Showered with love (and STUFF!)
Sunday, March 28, 2010
30 weeks pregnant
You know what? Baby showers are pretty awesome.
- You get to see people whom you haven’t seen in ages
- Everyone tells you that you look fantastic
- They bring you lovely and useful presents that you need for the baby
And if I’m being totally honest? The downside of your own baby shower?
- You have to open those lovely, useful presents in front of EVERYONE! While they WATCH YOU! And you read cards aloud and exclaim over the gifts and feel that you sound fake, even though you genuinely like everything you’re opening!
Yes, it’s true. I love presents, but I hate the dirty work of opening them in front of a roomful of people.
Other than the actual opening of the gifts, it really was a great time. Best Friend and Mom did such a great job pulling the whole thing together, and everyone had a lot of fun.
Oh, what’s that? You want a rundown on the prezzies? Sure! I just wrote my thank-you cards yesterday, so everything is fresh in my mind:
- Approximately 10,000,000 onesies
- Approximately 10,000,000 sleepers
- About 10 adorable stretchy hats
- A cute pair of brown leather Robeez
- Soft baby-blue shoe/booties
- A couple of pairs of stretchy baby pants
- One blue BumGenius diaper (from two of my lovely young friends — apparently no one else believes in cloth-diapering, so big thanks to H and K)
- A few pairs of no-scratch mitts
- Changing pad
- Crib mattress (the box was enormous!)
- Waterproof mattress cover
- Five fitted sheets for the crib (three pale blue, two yellow)
- A set of fleece crib sheets for the winter
- Three swaddling blankets (two of which were homemade!)
- Receiving blankets (five, I think)
- A couple of fluffy blankets (including a gorgeous white Tommy Hilfiger one that I want to steal for myself!)
- Baby monitors
- Jolly Jumper
- Jolly Jumper musical mat
- Adorable stuffed rabbit and stuffed billygoat
- Various teethers and soothers
- Medical kit
- Baby manicure kit
- Diaper pail
- Cute baby spoons
- A couple of huge baskets of drugstore essentials, like diapers (yes, we are using disposables in the very beginning), wipes, creams, washes, etc.
- A nursing cover (handmade, which gives me a good template to make more!)
- Nursings pads
- Hooded bath towels
- A couple of baby toys — all bright-coloured and rattly/squeaky
- A few gift cards to the department store where we registered