Baby movement update
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
26 weeks, 2 days pregnant
I just realized I haven’t been commenting much on Baby Boy’s movement, so here’s a quick update:
- He has definite moments when I can feel him “wake up.” For example, when I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, he goes from completely still to twitching around. Mommy’s sorry for waking you, baby!
- I usually feel him moving around when I first wake up in the morning. I think he’s hungry, so breakfast is always first on the agenda.
- He is quiet (i.e. pretty still) a lot during the day, except for after meals and snacks — that’s his time to shine!
- He bops around a lot after dinner, and I can feel it more if I lie on my left side on the couch. I think he likes my almost-nightly ice-cream cone!
- I have yet to feel anything concrete from the outside. But when I press my hands on my stomach, I can sometimes feel pulsing (mine, his, who knows?)
- His kicks aren’t usually too strong — more of dull thuds — but occassionally they will actually surprise me, and make me jump a bit.
- I haven’t had any painful kicks yet (knock on wood), or feet-tangled-in-my-ribs horror stories.
From what I’ve read from other mommy bloggers, Baby Boy seems to be quite a mellow little thing. I would not categorize his movement as nonstop major kicking, for sure — it’s more like a series of thuds every few hours or so, with nothing really in between.
I have also read that girls tend to be more active, so maybe there’s something to that?