Let’s hear it for the boys!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
23 weeks, 6 days pregnant
When I first found out Darling Husband and I were expecting a bouncing baby boy, I did what I always do when I don’t fully understand something — Google it again and again.
So during one of my “having a baby boy” mini-freakout Google searches, I found a bunch of forums
where mommies were posting the reasons they love their boys.
Some are probably true, and some are probably (unfortunately) not, but let’s not burst my bubble. I may need to re-read this list for reassurance every time I start panicking at thoughts of screeching, sticky boys and loud toy firetruck.
So here are 20 of the best ones I found on the forums:
- Boys are much easier than girls
- Boys always love their mamas!
- Older brother for younger sister?
- No (or minimal) middle school drama to look forward to
- Boys are, in some ways, much less complicated
- Less drama over clothes/appearance
- Husbands more likely to play with them
- Able to pee anywhere discreetly
- Less expensive clothes/maintenance/haircuts
- Quiet time for Mommy when Daddy takes him to do “boy” activities/sports
- No paying for weddings
- They are charming
- The relationship with Mom will be just as warm but less fraught with drama
- They’re easier to dress and get neat
- They don’t get bratty attitudes like girls do
- You don’t have to have the “period” talk when they are older — your husband can have the puberty talk!
- You don’t have to worry about them coming home pregnant at 15
- They keep you fit!
- They are super huggable
- You have a wide selection of clothes that do not have glitter or words across the butt