Pink or blue? I’m going crazy wondering!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
19 weeks, 4 days pregnant
This morning, Darling Husband was telling me how his friends at work were asking about me yesterday. He told me how he explained all about the appointment
, the heartbeat
And then he added …
“Oh, and one of my friends thinks it’s a girl. You know, because the heartbeat was 156.”
I almost choked on my orange juice! He knew the heartbeat??? Why hadn’t I … Oh, right.
I think I may have been too busy basking in my “so much smaller” compliments
to listen to everything the nurse was saying. Right.
Darling Husband continued to explain that his colleague has a boy and a girl. When his wife was pregnant with the boy, his heartbeat was around the 140 mark. When she was pregnant with the girl, it was in the 150s.
OH. MY GOD.
So of course, the minute I scrambled into the office, I was Googling like a madwoman. I found that, indeed, a higher heart-rate can indicate a girl.
So here is the “guesstimate” results so far …
- Chinese gender prediction test. Result = GIRL
- Is Baby’s heart beat faster than 140 beats per minute (bpm)? It’s a girl. Less than 130 bpm? It’s a boy. Result = GIRL
- Hang a needle from a thread over your belly. If the ring circles, it’s girl; if it swings back and forth, it’s a boy. Result = BOY
- If you carry low, it’s a boy; high, it’s a girl. Result = GIRL
- If you carry in front, it’s a boy; if you’re wide at the middle, it’s a girl. Result = BOY (I think)
- If morning sickness lingers all day, it’s a girl. Result = Wasn’t technically ever sick, but felt like crap all day. So … GIRL?
Looks like girl is in the lead, but I’m not naive — I know these tests only have a 50/50 chance of being right!
Soooo curious if we will be able to tell in Monday’s ultrasound. If not, 18 days until the 3D ultrasound, where we’ll get the answer for sure!