Trouble with over-the-shoulder boulder holders
Thursday, October 8, 2009
5 WEEKS, 4 DAYS PREGNANT
I can’t think of a very delicate way to say this, but … my boobs hurt!
Like hurt. They have been tender — and hard-ish — for the last two weeks, but this morning they have been flat-out painful.
Darling Husband says I have “growing pains.” He is hilarious, that guy.
I admit that they are a bit bigger than usual — which is great, as I’m on the small-to-average-chested side to start — but I didn’t think the minor growth spurt was going to feel like this.
So I let my fingers do the Googling, and here’s what I’ve come up with:
- Breast tenderness usually happens around Week, 4, 5 and 6 (and goes away by Week 12)
- The pain? That’s the issue changing and more blood flowing to the area
- You can also expect the veins to become more visible, the nipples and areolae to become darker and larger
- It’s your body’s way of preparing to
become a feed shop make milk
- Most women gain at least one cup size
- The best cure is to buy new (bigger) thick-strapped cotton bras without underwire
Um, a bra without underwire? What am I, 11?
My current bras still fit, but something must be wrong if they’re hurting me like this. The horrible thing is that I don’t know where to shop for a bra without underwire. A “practical” plain cotton bra without push-up amazingness. I have only ever bought bras at La Senza. And I have only ever bought bras that take what I have and make it bigger/higher/better.
I know they sell icky cotton bras (in boxes!) with thick straps in places like Wal-Mart, but … how do you try them on? Do they expect you to take them out of the box? And what size I am now?
More importantly … ow, ow ow!