Nothing makes my day like finding a great new blog. I came across the Frugal Family Fun Blog
this morning, and have been scouring over old posts like it’s my job!
… Oh, wait, I am at my job. Oops.
- Make your own organic baby food. Valerie recommends checking with your pediatrician first, but says organic carrots and sweet potatoes are cheap, long-lasting options. You just add a bit of water, blend in a food processor, and freeze in ice cube trays.
- Use cloth diapers. I’m already sold on this idea, and she even recommends the BumGenuis ones that I’ve been coveting.
- Make your own wipes. She uses baby wash cloths, and sprays them with a watered-down solution of baby wash. I am totally loving this idea.
- Knit/sew your own clothes. I agree with Valerie that this is a fun hobby as well as a practical investment. I may have to re-learn knitting … I never could purl.
- Know your organics. Organic food can be pricey. She says if you can only afford to buy some of your baby’s food in the organic section, remember which items are traditionally grown with the most pesticides (apples, strawberries, raspberries, potatoes, peaches, pears and cherries) and buy the organic option of those.