Top 10 early pregnancy signs
1. Food cravings. Although the article is quick to point out that it may be all in your head.
2. Darkening of your areolas. “If the skin around your nipples gets darker, you may have successfully conceived.”
3. Implantation bleeding or cramping. You’re supposed to look for this about eight days after ovulation — light spotting or staining, and maybe cramping.
4. Frequent urination. Gotta-go feeling? Might be preggers. Oh, you want the scientific explanation? It happens after the embryo implants and begins producing the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG).
5. Fatigue. This is one of the main symptoms — being tired completely exhausted.
6. Tender, swollen breasts. The hormone surge is responsible for ouchy ta-tas, but the pain supposedlt subsides once your body gets used to the hormones.
7. Altered sense of taste/excess saliva. Yes! This is me, right now! Some women say they have too much saliva, while others have a metallic taste. I have both. Is this even possible so early??? Am I crazy? Maybe.
8. Morning sickness. Apparently this usually hits a couple of weeks after conception, but can strike just a few days afterwards. Eep! Must hold out until Sunday.
9. A missed period. It’s way too early for that, but yeah, that is a pretty obvious “sign.”