Not Me Mondays
Happy Monday, and Happy Memorial Day — or whatever you’re supposed to say — to my lovely American bloggie friends.
Alas, it’s not a holiday in Canada. Boo. We had ours last Monday. Anyway, over the weekend, I totally and completely …
- I did not spend all day Saturday — from 8 a.m. until about 10 p.m. — hyperventilating over the cleanliness/appearance of our condo, for Sunday’s party. I’m very relaxed about having people over, and I don’t get caught up in whether or not there is dried crud in the handle of my oven door.
- I did not go into hysterics when Darling Husband came home with one set of white bookshelves and one set of very un-matching dark wood ones — right before the aforementioned party. I am totally cool that way, and just smiled and thanked him for trying.
- I did not have nightmares about Sunday’s party, to the point where I woke up extra-early just so my dreams wouldn’t stress me out.
- I slept in, had a leisurely breakfast, and just managed to get dressed before the guests arrived.
- I am totally hosting another party as soon as possible. I take so much enjoyment from the hours of manual labour, stress, and preparation required.
- I feel refreshed today! What a relaxing weekend.