Made-up recipe review: Meat-less meat sauce
- Look into cupboards/fridge/freezer and realize you are basically out of everything.
- Decide Kraft Dinner is not a feasible option — plus, you always make it too mushy.
- See that you are out of your usual whole-wheat pasta, and only have an old box of white pasta.
- Boil water and add evil white pasta.
- Find dusty jar of vegetable-based pasta sauce.
- Dump it into a pot and begin simmering.
- Realize that you always put ground beef in your pasta sauce, and that Darling Husband might be weak after eating plain jarred sauce and pasta.
- Recall that vegetarian friend Lindsey often uses veggies to make pasta sauce hearty.
- Scrounge around in the fridge for any vegetables.
- Spinach? Sure.
- Zucchini? Yup.
- Blend the crap out of the vegetables and mix them into the sauce. It should look … definitely different than it did before you added all those random vegetables …
- Serve over spaghetti, with a side of broccoli.
- Never mention that aforementioned sauce actually contains vegetables …
- … you know, until a few days after aforementioned husband eats it, and even says it’s good (sorry, hon).
P.S. What’s that? You think it would be better with melted cheese? Well, yes, I agree.