The groupie in me
AMAZING news! My friend C is pregnant!!!
Since starting this blog
about my future plans
, I have obviously had a baaaaad
case of baby fever
. So finding out one of my friends is pregnant is the equivilent of someone blogging about home decor and finding their friend has a show on HGTV.
Yeah, I’m a preggo groupie!
Darling Husband and I are beyond thrilled for C and her hubby. They are the first of our friends to get pregnant, so it’s exciting to be able to openly discuss all-things-baby with another couple.
Of course, as soon as I found out the happy news, I was babbling on about Laptops to Lullabies
. I dragged over the laptop and showed off my little blog, and told C
all about my online friends who are also trying to get pregnant.
read a couple of posts and was even wearing a BellaBand,
one of the items on my wish list
! It was like my blog come to life!
So naturally, I pestered C with tons of questions — oh, the joys of being friends with a pregnancy-obsessed girl like me. In the name of higher preggo education, here are a couple of interesting things she told me about morning sickness that you won’t read in What to Expect …
- Her morning sickness started about six weeks in.
- Yes, it does happen morning, noon and night, just like we’ve heard. Boo.
- No, crackers do not help (unlike all the books say).
- You can feel it coming on, so you’re able to make it to the bathroom (I inquired about if she had ever puked at her desk, which is my nightmare)
- It can be frequent, but it’s not a lot at a time.
- She is still sick, at 14 weeks, but it’s finally getting a bit better.
- She is hoping not to be the pregnant girl who is sick for the whole nine months. Fingers crossed for you, C!
- Excessive morning sickness means the baby will be smart, according to a study!
- Before getting pregnant, she had motion-sickness and car-sickness, and her doctor said that might be why she has such bad morning sickness. This is bad news for me, who gets woozy on the Merry-Go-Round!
A big thanks to C for enlightening us on what’s to come, and a HUGE congratulations to you and Hubby! We are so happy for you!