Family showdown: Gosselins VS. Hayes
Twins, twins and sextuplets compared to twins and sextuplets? It’s not a question of numbers, but of how two similar-sized familes can be so different.
I’ve heard a lot of negativity about TLC’s new show, Table for 12,
so I felt compelled to blog about it.
Everyone is saying that Jon & Kate Plus 8
is sooo much better, and while I’m a huge Gosselin fan, I think the Hayes family is happier and more well-adjusted.
For example …
- The mom and dad do not fight in front of the kids — a refreshing change from Jon and Kate
- They live in a fairly small house — not like Jon and Kate’s new mansion (yes, mansion)
- One of their daughters has cerebral palsy, and they are so good with her
- They have two more kids than Jon & Kate, and yet seem to handle them much better
- They are constantly saying how they are grateful for the kids, and how wonderful it is to be a big family — whereas Kate likes to remind everyone that her life is a chaotic struggle
I can only hope that the Hayes family does not become as successful as the Gosselins, who seem to be falling apart as they “move up” financially and popularity-wise. The Hayes family is an inspiration just the way they are.