The name game
While it’s a lot of fun to discuss names with your girlfriends, and throw around fun/crazy name combinations, it becomes stressful when you actually think about naming your child … for life!
You will need to say their name about 3,241 times every day, and deal with other people saying it. So if you pick a name that has a horrible nickname, your sweet like Richard could end up being called Dick or Richie by the rest of the world — ick!
Here are my current faves that I’ve been thinking about lately …
- Grace (Gracie for short)
- Hannah (Hannie for a nickname)
- Emma (has become sooo trendy, unfortunately)
- Claire (after my grandmother)
- Charlotte (after the Little Lottie song in Phantom)
- Hilary/Hillary (after Duff or Clinton, haha)
- Bella/Isabella (although this will get reeeeally trendy, thanks to Twilight)
- Aurora (because I loveeeeeeeee Sleeping Beauty)
- Nicholas (although I am not crazy about “Nicky”)
- Brady (might be too trendy for Darling Husband)
Any thoughts? …