Save big bucks with DIY wipes
I’d been totally focused on the benefits of cloth diapers, but hadn’t even thought of wipes yet!
You can use either baby washcloths — just cheapie Wal-Mart ones — or thick paper towels, depending on how much you love the environment (or loathe laundry). You can also sew your own wipes, using inexpensive flannel.
- Strong paper towels (or baby washcloths)
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of baby oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) baby bath wash
- If you’re using paper towels, cut the roll in half.
- Remove the cardboard roll, so wipes put out of the centre.
- Mix together water, baby oil, and baby bath wash.
- Pour the mixture over the paper towels or washcloths.
- Store in an airtight container.